English is a widely spoken language all over the world, people use basic spoken sentences everyday. From greeting someone to saying goodbye, there are several daily uses on English sentences in our conversations.
The words which are used in daily life, are not very critical or something just out of the dictionary. Rather, daily used English words are very simple and easy to understand as well as speak.
Anyone can use this foreign language in their daily life with some simple guidance. There is nothing to worry if you get stuck somewhere, where you have to speak in this foreign language. Here are some basic English sentences that anyone can speak and understand. Check this out and start practising this in your daily life. English Sentences for Daily Use
Easy Daily Use English Words for Formal Greeting
- Good morning/ afternoon/ evening – According to the time of the day.
- How are you?
- How are you doing?
- How do you do?
- It’s a pleasure to meet you.
- It’s nice to meet you
- Nice to meet you
- I’m pleased to meet you.
- I’m glad to see you.
Easy Spoken English for Casual Greeting
- Hi/ Hey
- What’s up?
- How’s it going on?
- How are things?
- How’s your day going?
- How have you been?
- How’s your day?
- Good to see you.
Sentences for Daily Use when Replying to Greetings
- I’m doing very well, thank you. And you?
- Great, thanks. How are you?
- I’m fine, thank you.
- Wonderful, thank you.
Basic English for Introducing Yourself
- Hello. My name is …
- Let me introduce myself. I’m …
- Nice to meet you. I’m …
- May I introduce myself? I’m…
- I’d like to introduce myself. I’m …
- It’s a pleasure to see you. I’m…
- Pleased to meet you. I’m …
Daily Used English Words for Introducing Others
- Ted, have you met Simpson?
- Ket, meet Ted. Ted, this is Ket.
- Mary, please meet Simpson
Daily Use Conversations Expressing Gratitude
Other than saying, thanks and thank you, there are several other words for expressing your gratitude. Following are some of those:
- I really appreciate your help.
- There are no words to show my appreciation!
- Thanks a million for your help.
- I owe you a great deal.
- What you’ve done means a lot to me.
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything.
- That’s so kind of you.
- How can I ever possibly thank you?
Easy Sentences for Replying to Someone’s Thanks
- I’m glad that I can help you.
- No big deal.
- It was my pleasure.
- My pleasure.
- You’re welcome.
- You’re always welcome.
Basic English Sentences for Congratulating
- Congratulations! You deserve it!
- Amazing! Congratulations.
- I’d like to congratulate you on …
- That was excellent. Congratulations!
Daily Used English Words in Response to Congratulations
- It’s very kind of you.
- Thank you/ Thanks/ Thank you so much.
- Thank you for your kindness.
- Thanks for your kind words.
Giving Good News in Easy Words
- I’m really pleased to tell you…
- I’ve got some good news for you…
- I’m so excited to tell you that …
- I’m really happy to inform you that…
Replying to Good News
- This sounds great!
- Wonderful! Thank you for sharing.
- Wow! I can’t believe that!
- I’m so glad to hear that!
Giving Bad News in Easy English Sentences
- I know this isn’t what you want to hear but…
- I’m so sorry but…
- I really don’t know how to say it, but…
- I’m afraid to inform you of…
- It is my unfortunate duty to tell you that…
Replying to Bad News Using Basic Sentences
- That’s awful!
- Anytime you need to talk, just call me…
- I’m sorry to hear that…
- Sorry to hear that. Accept my deepest sympathy.
Spoken English Sentences Used in Everyday for Making Appointment
- Do you have any time available this week?
- Would tomorrow evening be all right for you?
- Are you available on 6th?
- Can you give me an appointment on Friday?
- Let’s meet this weekend.
Basic English Sentences for Accepting an Appointment
- Monday would be perfect – Change the day as required.
- Sure. I’ll come.
- I’ll be there at that time.
- Yes, that date is fine with me.
Easy Sentences for Rejecting an Appointment
- I’m sorry to say but I can’t meet on this Sunday.
- Sorry. I don’t think I can make it.
- Sorry. I have another appointment at that time.
Above-mentioned basic English sentences are commonly used in our daily conversations. If you were looking for how to improve English for use in day to day life, probably you have got all your answers by now. You can use these in the required situations. To get a better hold of it, try listening to other people using these sentences. Observe their tone and pronunciation.
So that now you know how to use English sentences for daily use, how are you planning to start practising these? Share your answer with us in the comment box below.